Freitag, 10. Februar 2012

It is hot in here....!

We made it! Zambia won against Ghana and is in the final of the African Cup of Nations. The moment the referee blew his whistle, the whole country became a great party. We joined the dancing masses on the street and moved our bodies to the sounds of the Vuvuzela. We took a taxi home and it turned out to be a risky and exciting ride I wont forget for the next months to come. When we reached our neighbourhood people started to jump on our car, danced on the top of it, shaking the car and sitting on the cowling. We actually had to lock the windows and doors and the driver was forced to accelerate within the masses to make it home safely. We finished the day with some Heineken and went to bed exhausted by the excitement of the day.

Further highlights of the week:

Saw a Chameleon on the tree outside office....well actually I did not see it until Chenge showed it to me!

Gave lessons on my own and felt like people actually did what I told them to do.

Played basketball @ Libala High with the "big guys". These guys are beasts....I was more like a toothpick bunring in the sun trying to join the game. At the same time I bedraggled the glory of German basketball when I claimed to be "Dirk Nowitzki".

I got interviewed by a 14-old girl who wants to learn more about Germany and my stay here in Zambia. We made an appointment for next week so she could come with her collegues. Wasn't I supposed to do the interviews with THEM?! Everything is a bit different here...I guess!

Got a phone number....again!..."from a girl that waits inside. she wanted me to give it to you", a young boy from the basketball team told me. No name, no age, no face, just a number that I am supposed to call! Maybe I should try that next time when getting back home....The chance that I get a phone call is as possible as the fact that I will call this number.

Today (Friday) I spent 5 hours under the African sun shooing pupils from cone to cone. Steak "Joe" switched from "medium" to well-done. After the afternoon activities, handball and basektball practice, I will probably look like one of those people who fell asleep at the beach and wake up after 5 hours....

Going out for dinner tonight and maybe some bowling....waterpark and sun-bath tomorrow and the Final on Sunday at the Pub! I will let you know how it went! Have a good one!









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen